- D counted out the dollars and change in his allowance jar, exchanging the mountain of pennies he had for larger coins, then took his jar to the mall to buy a new Hero Factory set.
- Made a couple of short stop-action movies with his legos.
- Experimented with vinegar and baking soda explosions.
- Talked about the history of the US flag and the symbolism behind the number of stars and stripes on it (inspired by the US flag stickers he got from Trader Joes).
- Learned about hummingbirds, bees, spiders, and other pollenators through Wild Kratts videos.
- Got to finally try out the xbox 360 we got as a hand-me-down from D’s uncle. We have one kid-friendly game right now, a lego star wars game. I’ve been impressed watching D (and Q!) play the game, and see how quickly they’ve gotten the hang of it, and also remember how much patience and problem-solving is required to get through the levels.
- Talked about democracy and government (inspired by the lego movie and President Business).
- Attended the first meetup of a local lego play group. I’m hoping this can be an ongoing thing for us.
Sunday, September 14, 2014
Cool Things This Week
A few cool things from this past week: